Join WorldCat at ALA Midwinter 2010 in Boston
If you're a librarian--or you live in the greater Boston area and want to learn more about the "behind the scenes" view of libraries and participate in one of the biggest library conferences in the U.S.--plan to join us at ALA Midwinter 2010 for programs about how WorldCat, WorldCat.org and WorldCat Local can enhance your library's visibility and give you faster, easier access to resources at your library and libraries around the world. These programs were created with a librarian audience in mind, but we always love to hear from library and WorldCat users if you're able to come!
Saturday, January 16
Reaching Consumers through Nontraditional Methods: What Can WorldCat Do for You?
An interactive panel of librarians, library users and industry leaders share strategies of how WorldCat.org helps them reach consumers, researchers, developers and partner organizations through social tools, mobile apps, APIs and more. Speakers include:
• Graeme Williams, a superpatron from the Waltham Public Library
• Jennifer Freidman, Collections Manager and Public Services Librarian at MIT
• Andrew Yu, Mobile platform Manager and Architect at MIT
• Roy Tennant, technologist and co-founder of the OCLC Developer Network
• Cindy Cunningham, director for OCLC partnership programs
• our own Jasmine De Gaia, global product manager for WorldCat.org
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon, Westin Waterfront, Hancock Room
Single-search Access to Your Library's Electronic Resources from OCLC
Learn how your library can offer single-search access to your print, electronic and digital resources through WorldCat.org, WorldCat Local and WorldCat Local "quick start."
1:30 - 3:30 p.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Room 162 A/B
Sunday, January 17
WorldCat: New Dimensions in Growth and Quality
Learn how OCLC is building and enriching WorldCat, including synchronization of local library collections and WorldCat, and new metadata management enhancements that increase discoverability of library collections on the Web.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon, Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Room 157 C
Local Impact--Global Reach: WorldCat Local for Your Library
Hear implementation and usage experiences from librarians who use WorldCat Local. Speakers include:
• Barbara Glackin, Head of Cataloging and Online Catalog, Boise State University
• Nina McHale, Web Librarian, University of Colorado, Denver
• Kari Schmidt, Electronic Resources Librarian and Head of the Electronic Resources Management Unit, American University
1:30 - 3:30 p.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Room 104 A/B
Register now to reserve your spot at these ALA Midwinter sessions.