Alice Sneary: October 2010 Archives
You might have heard this news in other places...but we realized we hadn't officially published it here. So in case you hadn't thought of WorldCat and your library as a great place to get insight into your musical preferences, think again.
WorldCat has beefed up more than 250,000 pop and classical record entries, thanks to a new partnership with allmusic.com (All Music Guide) and Rovi.
A few examples:
New things you'll find include:
• Additional descriptions
• Genres and styles
• Release dates
• AMG top track picks (for pop music)
• Ratings and reviews (for pop music)
• Cover art
It means you'll know more about the music you're looking at, before you even listen to it. Plus you'll also get recommendations and may even gain insight into additional music you might like.
Cover albums above are:
- Lyle Lovett's It's Not Big It's Large
- Oasis's (What's the story) morning glory?
- A compilation calssical album, common in libraries...luckily if you know one musician you're interested in, such as Debussy, you can also find Ravel and Charles Ives in this MélodiesCD.
- And the singer who's been on my permanent shuffle these days, Ingrid Michaelson's Be Okay.
Happy discovering and listening!