Results tagged “library profile” from WorldCat Blog
Recent Items added to WorldCat lists for the month of June are now available.
To preview these lists: navigate to your library's WorldCat profile page via the "Library info" link on the item details page. Then click the 'All recent additions by this library to WorldCat' link on the library profile to view the entire list.
Stats for the month of June:
- There were 13,627 institutions that added a new item to WorldCat in June.
- Of those, 813 did not have an existing recent items list, so WorldCat automatically created a new list.
- 12,814 recent items lists were updated.
The 5 most popular items added to WorldCat in June were:
The Outlandish Adventures of Liberty Aimes, added by 2,137 WorldCat libraries.
Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa: Horse in the House, added by 1,943 WorldCat libraries.
The Frog Scientist, added by 1,904 WorldCat libraries.
Tricking the Tallyman, added by 1,882 WorldCat libraries.
along for the ride, added by 1,801 WorldCat libraries.
The initial phase of the WorldCat Library Profile feature launched in mid-May and is now off and running.
The following are some interesting stats from the 'Recent Items added by this library to WorldCat' area:
• There were 13,689 libraries that added a new item to WorldCat in May.
• Of those, 1,099 did not have existing recent items lists from April, so WorldCat automatically created a new list.
• 12,590 recent items lists were updated (for libraries that had new items in both April and May).
• The most popular item added to WorldCat in May, added by 2,245 libraries, was Dying To Meet You: 43 Old Cemetery Road.
We are still working to resolve the issue for those libraries that cannot yet view their profile. We hope to have a fix in place very soon and apologize for the inconvenience.
Coming soon, you will be able to view a library profile page for each WorldCat library. From the list of libraries on the item details page and from your favorite libraries list in the user profile - you can access this new page with even more valuable information about a library including location and contact info, and links to the library's website, catalog and virtual reference.
(Note: This information is pulled from the WorldCat Registry - library staff may want to check your WorldCat Registry information to make sure it is up to date.)
The library profile will also include a list of recent items added to WorldCat by this library. WorldCat will create this list each month for item holding set the previous month - this list will be ordered by items with the most holdings across WorldCat.
If a library offers the WorldCat Local service and the user is not currently at that site, this page will let them know it is available and allow them to execute a search that takes them to the WorldCat Local site for availability information and more.
And this is just the start; we plan to evolve this area with more exciting additions in the upcoming months